About UsThe SCBA was founded in 2000 by a group of mainland UK breeders who were concerned about the vulnerable status of the breed, and wished to do something about it. Our cattle are not endangered because they are obsolete, but because we have not adequately communicated what they can do.
- a tri-annual newsletter with an annual breed analysis report
- a detailed Breeders Directory listing current nationwide breeding stock
- access to comprehensive genetic records
- advice with breeding plans
- nationwide advertising to prospective buyers
- advice and support on practical husbandry
- To help re-establish Shetland cattle, presently one of the rarest native breeds, as flourishing members of the national herd.
- To conserve for future generations the valuable genetic resource they represent.
- To raise the breed's profile, and improve the availability of objective information on its unique combination of qualities.
- To provide support to members
Joining the SCBAMembership is open to all with an interest in Shetland cattle, whether you are an owner or a supporter. If you are a new owner, a year's complimentary membership is offered.
Our annual subscriptions are only £11 for single and £16 for joint membership (if you agree to pay by Standing Order), and there is no joining fee. Rates are £15 (single) and £20 (joint) for payment by cheque.
If you would like to become a member, click here to view and print our application form.